VRSim is the platform for 3D realtime interactive application developed by VRMMP.
This application is devoted to the training of field operators in process industry plants by the Virtual Reality technology.
The platform allows a highly realistic 3D environment that reproduces plants both existing and being realized.
With the use of stereoscopic glasses or full immersive CAVE room the user can experiment a virtual environment exactly like the real one.
The platform allows high visual realism
- direct interaction with devices: valves, buttons, engines
- realistic visual effects (fire, smoke, liquid leakage ...)
- weather condition simulation (rain, snow, fog, wind ...)
- character animation
- spatial sound effect
Visit the “Equipments Library” gallery to see some videos that show the potentials of simulation.
- bidirectional links with commercial chemical-physical simulator
- feedback from the simulated process, reading values on virtual field instruments
- malfunction and emergency procedure simulation
- mechanical device failure, electrical malfunction, fire and explosion events
- tutorial with guided tasks to execute procedures and assessment of the knowledge acquired
- augmented reality feature: looks inside devices, show pop up information, browse for components datasheets
- multi user experience with instructor supervision
- sessions recording for playback and debriefing
Visit the “VRS platform” to see some
videos that show the potentialities
The original 3D models, used in movies and images, have been provided by the company Invensys in several projects developed in partnership with Virtual Reality & MultiMedia Park